Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating an Enterprise Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferryjenny

Technical User
Nov 22, 2000
GB
I have recently installed an instance of Livelink and attached it to an existing database. All is working well except I cant seem to create an Enterprise index. When I go to the Admin pages and browse the system volume no enterprise index is there, so I would expect to see the Enterprise Data Source option in the Add new item drop down however it is not there.

I have read the help which indicates this option will not appear if there is already and enterprise index. I am positive no such index exists for this database. Is it possible there is some marker somewhere that is pointing to an old deleted index, and if so how do I remove it so I can create a new one. I know you can create it manually and set up all the data flows etc manually but I really dont want to go down that path unless it is really neccessary.

I am using Livelink 8.1.5

The index you are talking about is livelink index for search and so on.It does not reside on the database rather it resides on where the Admin Server of the livelink instance is.If you used an existing database the db table kini has entries pointing to your old server index.
Code:
look at the inisection that says AdminServers
I would not do a direct table row delete but I would point my livelink server to a new dummy database make sure the data flow congratulations page appears and then point back to the original table.All of these should be tried after making all kinds of precautions.You could contact OT at their support if the need is urgent and I am sure they will rig up some db scripts that you can use too.

Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.
Mark Twain

appnair

Was your problem solved? Else, I glad to help you and give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back