Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating an average and a maximum of summarized group values

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 18, 2006
US
Hello all,
I am using Crystal 2008. I have 2 groups - group 1 salesrep and group 2 customer. Each group has a summary for sales. The sales value is a formula. It is not a direct field from the database. I suppressed the details. What I need is to have a maximum and an average for the summarized values report wide based on group 2 customer. Below is what I am looking for:
group 1 Salesrep 1001 $500
group 2 Customer X $275
group 2 Customer Y $225
group 1 Salesrep 1002 $300
group 2 customer Z $100
group 2 customer AA $200

MAX = $275
AVG = $200

So basically I'm looking for the average for each customer account how much I am selling and the maximum for it too. I've searched the forum and found some similar questions with their answers. But I can't seem to make it work with what I need. In addition, is there any way to make the MAX and AVG result to appear at the top of the information instead of the below it? If not, that's okay. I was just wondering. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Are you trying to get the Max and Average of the Group 1 totals?

So what you'd want in this example is:

Max = $500
Avg = $387.50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back