Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

creating an arched text

Status
Not open for further replies.

gchen

Programmer
Nov 14, 2002
US
i am a long time psp patron and mine is still psp5. love it a lot though.

i have been wondering is psp5 capable of creating arched text. the "deformation" does only enlarge/shrink/move/turn but no arch. under "image" there is another "deformations" where there is no arch either.

Is there any way i can create text in arch using psp5? Or there is plug-in to do it?

Thanks a lot!

Gary

Great PSP tips site. Thanks a lot!

The bad news is now i know PSP5 does not support curve text effect. I guess i need to upgrade or get a newer version.

Thanks anyway!

Gary

Upgrade Gary, PSP X is great. The user interface has changed since 9 but I should imagine it will be completely different for people coming from 5!

Good luck with it.

Learn something new every day *:->*
AyJayEl

Here I am replying to my own reply.

Creating Arched Text in PSP X

Under PSP X (although I believe this method will work for PSP 7 and up - Try it and let me know)

1) Create an ellipse as a vector.
2) Select your fill and stroke colors.
3) Select the text tool.
4) Move the text tool to the edge of the ellipse where the text will be sentered. As you approach the edge of the ellipse the Text Toll will change from +A to (A indicating that the text will be formed along a curve.
5) Left click the mouse and enter the text.
6) Apply the text. The text will be applied along the curve of the ellipse with the center of the text string at the point where the text tool was clicked.

Note1: The degree of arch depends on how sharpely the ellipse arc where the text tool was applied.

Note2: If the font size cause text string to me larger than the ellipse PSP will just wrap the letter around the edge over laping previous characters ... so plan your ellipse and text appropriately.

--- dig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back