Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating an Access query: Query By Example - Still need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Australia

Technical User
Jan 21, 2003
AU
Thanks for the two replys. But my problem is still not solved.

Actually I need to create a query. And I do not want to ask any other question from the user other than 'director name'. So how can we provide a SQL query so I can replace it in the SQL view of my Access query.

--------------------------------
My original question was:

I have three tables called DVD, Movie and Director. I need to create a query to ask the user for the name of a director and retrieve the DVDs directed by that director.

Director - Movie (Director ID is the foreign key in the Movie table)
Movie - DVD (Movie ID is the foreign key in the DVD table)

Please help me in code...

If this is not what You are after then post your table structures and I will help you more:

SELECT DVD.DVDName
FROM (DVD INNER JOIN Movie ON DVD.MovieId = Movie.MovieId) INNER JOIN Director ON Movie.DirectorId = Director.DirectorId
WHERE (((Director.DirectorName)=[Enter Director Name]));

Check thread181-281235 for an answer.

May I sugeest that you join Tek-Tips rather than posting as a visitor and avoid posting the same question in multiple forums.

Thanks, Terry L. Broadbent - DBA
Computing Links:
faq183-874 contains "Suggestions for Getting Quick and Appropriate Answers" to your questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back