Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a Webpage using Slices

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobby8685

Technical User
Mar 5, 2006
US
Hi, I am currently building a webpage in Photoshop/Imageready. What is the best way to take the image createwebpages and convert them to html. I have some knowledge in Imageready and slices. I have also heard of and used Sitegrinder but it is too expensive for me right now. Thanks.

The best way is to write the text as text and not split up a huge image to be a web page. Search engines cannot read graphics, so would treat your page as having no text content. I've had to fix a number of pages done like that where someone wanted to change some of the text, like a price, time of day, or something else minor, and the whole graphic had to be revised to delete the graphical text, or the graphics had to be remade again. Believe me, it's MUCH better in the long run (and often in the short run) to keep text as text than to make the page out of one large picture.

Lee

If you are going to do it the Imageready/Photoshop way then those programs will create the HTML for you too.

Sitegrinder is supposed to be quite good, but as Trollacoius said there is no substitute for actually understanding how to do it yourself with a text editor.

<honk>*:O)</honk>
Designease Ltd. - polyprop folders, ring binders and creative presentation ideas
Earl & Thompson Marketing - Marketing Agency Services in Gloucestershire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back