Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a Vector that allows user select an option and roll to VM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

swiftboy

IS-IT--Management
May 8, 2007
US
I have created a vector which allows a user to call into an extension and get an announcement via a coverage path set to cover to the VDN. The vector associated with this VDN allows the user to select an option corresponding to the user's they need to speak to - i.e., for john Doe, select 1 now. I

Everything seems to work fine, except that when the caller gets the announcement and they selects an option, it calls the correct exptesion, but if no one is there to answer, it never goes to the users voicemail - it just rings.

Any ideas on how I can get this vector to allow the caller to select and option which rolls to the appropriate extension, but if no one is there, have it continue to voicemail - the destination extensions are setyup for voicemail.

Thanks.

Forgot to post vector:

01 wait-time 1 secs hearing ringback
02 announcement 5831
03 collect 1 digits after announcement 5831
04 route-to number 5512 with cov y if digit = 1
05 route-to number 5547 with cov y if digit = 2
06 route-to number 5528 with cov y if digit = 3
07 stop

I think you are having a problem with double coverage. Maybe the first extension number they call should just be the vdn instead of a station covering to the vdn?

The problem is that they want to keep an existing extension which is known to the public. If I change it to the VDN, it will defeat the purpose.

Thanks.

Swiftboy,

Is the initial extension they are calling a different extension then the person's extension?

- Stinney

Favorite all too common vendor response: "We've never seen this issue before.

The extension would still be publically available - it would now just be built as a VDN rather than an extension in the PBX.

Thanks,
CJH

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back