Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a Variable Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

txwylde

Programmer
Jan 25, 2001
US
I am trying to create a variable which will give me the Starting On Hand Balance which is called <Opr All Qty>. I am also pulling up the Date posted. I am trying to get the Starting On Hand Balance based on the starting Date Posted.
When I tried:
=<OPR ALL QTY> where min(<Date Posted>)
I get a syntax error. I am assuming I need to add a select statement to my where clause? Or is there another way?
Thanks!

Both <Date Posted> and <OPR ALL QTY> are variables in BO. I can not use the Min(<Date Posted>) because Min is a numeric function, not a date function. I had thought about creating a variable in BO where when you enter in the starting date, it will take that variable and pull the <OPR ALL QTY> for the date, but I run into the same problem with adding the condition for the Start Date. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back