Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

creating a user input dialogbox...word wrap

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedb13

Technical User
Jan 20, 2011
CA
Hello 'Extra!' programmers!

I have an issue, though most likely simple for many, but not for me. I need to create a user input dialog box, which will include DropListBox(s), TextBox(s) and CheckBox(s). The data collected will then be brought together and used to form a diary of sorts.

ex.
Shipment of *Item* to be sent to *Address* via *Shipment method*. Order Taken by *operator # 394*. Payment method *payment method*. etc, etc...

One of the issues is that the terminal lines (67 charaters wide) that are made available, will not allow the data to be strung together, as for some reason, characters (3 or 4)go missng.

ex.
John and Jane tkae a walk down to the sea s
re.

If I were to write all the data on notepad, with wordwrap on, then paste to the terminal, there are no lost characters.

Is there something I could do to get around this problem?

Ted,

I'm okay for this question for the most part. I found a partial answer in an old thread.

HowLong = Len(diary$)
For i = 0 to HowLong/67
ContinueAt = (i*67)+1
Put67$ = Mid(diary,ContinueAt,67)
MyTerminal.PutString Put67$,i+14,4
Next i

does exactly what I described. I have to find that older thread, and thank that person.

Ted,

I haven't been able to find that older post. I am 99% sure it was skie. Thank you, Skie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back