Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a Total Row in a Custom Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacosc

Technical User
Oct 14, 2015
US
I created a custom report that shows resource groups on the vertical axis and then has “count” columns that show how many late, future, on schedule, and total tasks that each resource group has. What I want is a row on the bottom of the report that totals all of the “count” columns so I can see how many TOTAL late, future, on schedule, and total tasks there are for the project.

I tried creating another custom field but I cannot get the field to show as a row, only as a column on the report.

Any suggestions?

I would like to do this in project and avoid exporting to excel because this report will be used weekly on up to 50 timelines. If you have a solution in excel please provide a streamlined way to do it. Thanks!

HI,

In the event that this cannot be done as you need in Project, please post your requirements, based on your export file, in forum707, for a VBA solution in Excel.

BTW, no one will have a handy dandy solution to your particular requirements, although an Excel PivotTable might come pretty close.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

What release of Project are you using - did you create the custom report in Project or in Excel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back