Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a table of weekly dates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StormRyder

Programmer
Sep 7, 2003
US
I would like to create a table of weekly dates for a year based on a weekday. For example if I wanted the dates for each Monday in the year by inputting the year in question. Thanks for the help.

Rich

Hi,
This isn't exactly the correct forum for your problem, but you can pull out the create table code from my FAQ on how to create a database (faq705-2714). The obvious solution is to start at Jan 1 of the year in question, then determine the first Monday, then simply add 7 to get the next date.

HTH, [pc2]
Randy Smith, MCP
rsmith@cta.org
California Teachers Association

Thanks Randy for the response. I was in a hurry and I didn't add that I wanted to create a report that was made up of events for a weekly format. If this still wasn't the correct forum I apologize and will look for the correct one.

I liked the FAQ because I believe what I need to do is use the code to create a date table and if I need that table in a db just include the code.

Thanks again.

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back