Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

creating a subreport in Access?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingz2000

Programmer
May 28, 2002
DE
How do I create a sub report in Access report?? Probably a stupid question, but I just can't find the button to join a report onto another.

I have a report with a table, and right beside it, I would like a bar chart displayed. since this would be in the detail section, I thought It could be accomplished using 2 sub reports in one.. Or am I going the wrong way about this problem??

Not sure what you mean by "two sub reports in one". You can have as many sub reports within the detail section as you wish, but to work correctly they need to be related to a table that the main table for the report has a one-to-many relationship with and link the master/child fields on the primary/foreign key relationship between the two.

Have fun! :eek:)

Alex Middleton

in your main report... there is a 'subform/subreport' button on the report design toolbar... (looks like an indented button)...
click on that tool button and then click and drag on your main report where u want this sub report... its a wizard so it will ask you which current report you have built to use as a subreport... (you have to build these subreports as individual reports before you can use them as a subreport)...

The wizard should guide you through the steps needed to complete this.

Good Luck

Ron Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back