Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

creating a sprite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowrelm

Technical User
Oct 31, 2006
US
ok here is the deal. I want a flock of birds to fly accross my web page. so I went to poser and rendered a bird in flight as 60 separate frames in ping format so there wouldn't be any background. I then imported all the frames into the flash library and created 60 different layers each one with one of the frames of the bird flying. When i play the movie the bird looks pretty good. I do not however know how to turn these 60 layers into one flying bird. How do i convert the layers into a sprite that I can then duplicate and move around? something that can be exported so that I can use it on other projects and pages?

you need to make them a movie clip...

if you create a new movie clip by going to insert new symbol and choose movie clip.
then do what you did previously so the 60 instances go across 60 keyframes.

now in your library you hav the flying bird as a movie clip. you can then drag this onto the main stage as many times as you want to make your flock.

and using motion tweens you can make them fly around the main stage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back