Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a SIP Agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

trilogy8

Technical User
Jan 26, 2017
US
In System Manager, what is the correct process to create Agent? I created the user and then assigned the Session Manager profile. When I get to the CM Endpoint Profile and choose Agent, I'm able to create it (using an existing Agent or new), but I'm not clear what I need to log into on the phone. If I login with the SIP handle I created for the user portion it doesn't login. I haven't been able to find any documentation on how to create Agents and how to log in the endpoints.

This is a REALLY brief explanation.

You really need two separate extensions. The Station/Endpoint will be the Extension that is logged into the physical phone for placing and receiving calls. The Agent ID is logged in "on top of" the Station to receive ACD Calls.

For phones running SIP firmware you need to use a station with a set type ending in "CC" such as the 9608CC or J169CC, depending on the physical phone type.
You then assign buttons for the ACD (Automatic Call Distribution) functions. I use Templates to make things easier (found in SysMgr under Services/Templates/CM Endpoints) but it isn't required. You'll need agnt-login and either auto-in or manual-in depending on which you want, aux-work and after-call, if used. Lay out the buttons as desired. This is only one option:

ACD_Phone_h6kkx5.png

Create your Agent ID either as a stand-alone (under Elements/Communication Manager/Call Center/Agents) or under User Management as a new profile. You only need to have the Session Manager information assigned if the Agent ID acts as an Extension (Users dial the Agent ID directly or DIDs are converted to Agent IDs). This is common is most large call centers where shifts of Agents will share physical phones so the Agent ID is their only Extension.

Once the station is logged in the Agent will press the Agent-Login button on the phone and enter their Agent ID and password (if assigned on the Agent ID form). The Agent status will typically be in Aux-Works (Not-Ready). Pressing the auto-in (or Manual-in) makes them available to take ACD Calls.

I hope it is enough to get you started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back