Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating A Search Box to Lookup Table Values?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xcavern

ISP
Apr 4, 2003
US
I am relatively new to Access, and programming. I need to know how to create a search box to enter in a value, then have Access search for it in the database, and create results that have that value, as well as other values in it. Please help! Thanks for the time in reading this.

To search the whole database is quite a task and you need to loop through each table in turn.
I would think you are looking for a specific value in a specific field. eg: Order No in table of Orders.

You need to explainfurther what you mean by "create results" and "other values"

Once we understand your needs I'm sure you'll get the results your looking for...

I need to look up a Job #, in one table (Orders) that includes Job #, as well as shipping information such as address, city and state. There is a column named Job # in the orders table. Once I get the values from a seatrch box in a form, i want the results to be displayed in a list box below the search box, How would I do that?

Send me an email at frank@fhsservices.co.uk and I will send you a sample of the method.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back