Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a report with the primary group or by secondary group. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ftwiudan

Programmer
Jan 20, 2012
US
Currently, I have a report that prints out the diagnosis for all departments. I have a request to change the report to either print the current report or print out diagnosis by department depending on the parameter.

I changed the report with the department being Group 1 and the diagnosis as Group 2. When I run the report by department, the report comes out with department headings and totals. When I run the report by diagnosis, that is where my problem begins. It prints out the diagnosis, but breaks on the department (Without headings or totals). I would like all of the diagnosis together.

Is there a way in crystal to create a report for the Group 2 without breaking on Group 1? or Do I have to create a separate report?

You could regroup the report dynamically.

I assume you have a Prarmeter to select Diagnosis or Dept. Create two formula

@Group1

If yourparam = Dept then DeptField else DiagnosisField

@Group2
If yourparam = Dept then DiagnosisField else DeptField

change you Dept Group to use Grp1 formula and Diagnosis to use Grp2 formula.

Hope I have understood your problem correctly

Ian

You have two different ways of doing this.

1. Keep the report as is but change your Group 1 to be on a formula that will have the following logic:

if {?ReportType} = 'Diagnosis' then ' ' else {table.department}

Then set the suppression formula on the group header and footer sections for Group 1 to something like:

{?ReportType} = 'Diagnosis'

2. Take out Group 2. Change Group 1 to use a formula that will have the following logic:

if {?ReportType} = 'Diagnosis' then {table.diagnosis} else {table.department}

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Six-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back