Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a report with some filters

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshidharmesh

Programmer
Dec 8, 2017
IN
Hello,

I have following fields in database.
1. Serial Number of ticket
2. Screen name
3. Date of Show
4. Time of Show
5. Movie Name
6. Class of seat
7. Rate of ticket
8. Tax collected
and other fields not related to the report.

I want create a report by filtering out the data as in attached file.
The database has data for more than 1 day so first filter will be Date of Show, next filter will be Time of show (this will form a group), next filter will be Class of seat (toe classes, Gold & Silver).

I am using Crystal Reports 8.5

Thanks,

Dharmesh Joshi

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=6ef5b5d3-7e13-4b06-8255-2d5ec843fbcc&file=screen-5_form-17_with_gst.pdf
But what is your question? What problems are you running into?

-LB

My question is How can I create the report? I am not much exposed to CR, so please provide outline to create the report.

Thanks

You need to take some time to learn the application. If you have trouble with certain parts of developing the report, you can ask here, but we are not here to create your reports in their entirety for you.

-LB

Please read carefully, I am asking for road map to create the report.

Figure out what fields you need on the report (may be multiple data sources). Figure what filtering you need and how to accomplish it. Figure out your layout of the report (fonts, colors, logos, etc.). Or watch a YouTube video on how to get started with Crystal Reports. I am sure there is one out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back