Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating A Report To Be Viewed Within A Specific Timeframe

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRA

Programmer
Apr 19, 2001
CA
Hi ...

I'm try to set up my report so that it's date specific, meaning that, what I would like to happen is when the user presses either the 'Preview' or 'Print' button on my form a message box will then appear asking the user to input a start and end date. The report will then either be previewed or printed within the designated timeframe.

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks,
James.

The easiest way to do this would be to set the criteria in your underlying query.

Go into the design mode of your report, and open up report properties. Under Datasource click the button all the way to the right that has 3 periods in it "..." - this wiil take you to the design of your uderlying query (the query that gets the data to run the report) and under the column with the date field, enter this:
Between [Enter Start Date:] and [Enter Finish Date:]

Kyle ::)

That's great Kyle !!

It worked perfectly. I thought it would have been more complicated than that.

Thanks,
James.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back