Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a report for a time period

Status
Not open for further replies.

TErnst

IS-IT--Management
Dec 9, 2002
RU
Hello,

is it possible to create a report, which attaches the data to the old report with the actually date? The problem is, when I generate a report with Impromptu, based on an existing report, Impromptu is updating the data. But I have to make an evaluation for a time period. Therefore I should have many "Snapshots", but in one report.

Hi

It depends on how the data is stored in your database table/s. If you need snapshots in your report, and the data is stored in your database tables at snapshot level (for example data is added to the table for each day/week/month/whatever and the data includes a time period column), then having snapshots in your report will be as simple as adding your time period data item to your report as an additional column, and filtering on the time periods you need.

If the information in the database table/s is not stored at a snapshot level (ie. if when an update on the database table/s occurs the data is replaced, not added), then you wont be able to include multiple snapshots in your report, because each time you run the report it retrieves the contents of the database as they are at the time the report is run.

J

Hi JGirl,

thanks for your answer. In this case, the data is replaced, when the data is updated. But isn't it possible, when I create a new table in the database, to generate a report and export the data to the new table?

Greets

TErnst

Hotfiles might save your day!!!

Let me know if you need help. But I need more information.

I've done several reports this way with using hotfiles as my static data. You just need to add the data from the hotfile, not rerun the hotfile. I usually try to make this happen in my final report.

PHaley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back