Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a Registration Database - Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

pappion

MIS
Feb 12, 2003
US
I am creating a training registration database to track who attends and the classes they attend. Two tables are listed below as example. However, I am not sure how to list events which have the same name (see below). Have looked for sample of how registration database design - with no luck.

I also want to include the number of spaces available in each class and the number of spaces remaining. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Same Event different start dates
Introduction to Sewing Start Date: 07/01/03
Introduction to Sewing State Date: 08/15/03

Attendees Table
AttendeeID
First Name
Last Name
Department

Event Table
EventID
Event Name
End Date
Start Time
End Time
Number of Seats Available

This is too much to ask. Ask smaller questions? I am trying to help, so here is what I can give:

1. Events with the same name have different Event ID's, so they should be fine.

2. Number of spaces available: I think your instructor wants you to create a third table "Attendance" which holds the AttendeeID AND EventID to log the attendance info. THEN, do a count of all the people attending a certain Event, subtract that from the total seats available, and you have your count.

Good luck on your assignment.

--
Find common answers using Google Groups:

Corrupt MDBs FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back