Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a Receive Connector for a Scanner/Printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

markdmac

MIS
Dec 20, 2003
US
I don't know about everyone else, but I have found that getting a receive connector setup properly for a scanner can sometimes be a challenge. I made a tool to generate the PowerShell command needed and I am making it available to all at no cost.

Once you have created a connector it is easy to add additional IP addresses to it via the management console.

I hope others will find this tool useful.

Happy Scripting.

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at
Work SMARTER not HARDER. The Spider's Parlor's Admin Script Pack is a collection of Administrative scripts designed to make IT Administration easier! Save time, get more work done, get the Admin Script Pack.

im still new to exchange 2010, why would i need to setup a connector just for scanners/printers?

I have many printers out in the field that scan and email out. all i did was add them to the relay on each exchange server and on the printers UI made sure the IP for our DNS servers are in place along with the IP that goes to exchange SMTP.

The idea behind this is to add the specific IP addresses and also be able to isolate the devices and protocols accepted.

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at
Work SMARTER not HARDER. The Spider's Parlor's Admin Script Pack is a collection of Administrative scripts designed to make IT Administration easier! Save time, get more work done, get the Admin Script Pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back