Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a project with VS.Net 2003/2005 without IIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

GabeC

Programmer
Apr 17, 2001
US
Is there a way to create a web application using VS.Net 2003/2005 without having IIS available?

I have XP Home on my laptop (came with the computer which per Microsoft won't allow the install of IIS). There are many times when I don't have access to the internet but I still would like to work off line.

When I try to create a new project using the ASP.Net Web Application template I get prompted for a URL. Since I am not connected to the internet, this fails.

The work offline button is grayed out.

Any ideas on how to create the web project while I am not connected to the internet?

Thanks.

Thanks,

Gabe

In VS2005 you don't need to had IIS installed to create and run projects. As for VS2003, I belive IIS is necessary.

I believe that you can run the Cassini web host to get VS2003 to work on XP home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back