Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a Nupoint mailbox via Ops

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitelmmaniac

Technical User
Feb 9, 2009
GB
Hi,

Are any of you aware of how you change the message waiting type that Ops Man uses when you use it to create a mailbox on NuPoint whilst creating an extension. It defaults to DTMF (which is the first in the list) but i need it to go to Mitai.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
MM

Desk Jockey Lunacy

Use templates I beleive. Never really tried with nupoint but templates allow total customization.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

I dont believe Mitai is supported in a cluster (Will check the book as cant remember if the book says resiliant clusters or all clusters), This may be why you cannot set it.

Im sure I read this before but cant find it anymore, must have dreamed it

Mitai is fine in a cluster - I've heard the claim of otherwise before in various threads. I always use Mitai and most of my systems are clustered. Never had any issues.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

@boycey9

This is where you may have seen it.

From the MAS I&M.
Program Message Waiting Indication

You can program Message Waiting Indication to flash a lamp on a user’s phone when the user
has a voice mail message waiting in their mailbox. There are two possible configurations:

• You can configure the system to use DTMF signaling to send the message waiting indication
to the voicemail port. This configuration supports multiple MCD network elements in a
cluster, but requires an additional voicemail port.
OR

• You can configure an HCI Reroute phantom hunt group to route the message waiting signals
to the user voice mailboxes. [highlight]This configuration is only supported for one MCD system[/highlight], but
it doesn’t use a voicemail port.

But as kwbMitel said HCI Reroute works in a cluster.

Hi All, thanks for responding, I forgot about this. HCI is fine as long as like the doc says only one system has in on there. To go back to my original question the answer is... You have profiles for the difference sections of the opsman templates. Once you have created the NuPoint one you cannot edit it. You have to recreate it, it then copies one mailbox every time it creates one so you just have to amend that mailbox for mwi type fcos and loc etc.
Just thought I would let you know.

Thanks,
MM

Desk Jockey Lunacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back