Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

creating a new universe

Status
Not open for further replies.

achowe

Programmer
Aug 4, 2003
GB
Im in the process of creating a new universe. Ive connected to a SQL Server database no problem, but when I come to select the tables/fields which I require it seems to only make available fields with a number value. Any ideas why?

Cheers

Yeah the datatype must be nchar, nvarchar or ntext. Jus try to create them manually in the classes. It will work.

Sri

OK...it seems to only like char, int, float and alike..it doesnt recognise nvarchar or varchar. More importantly, it deosnt recognise datetime or smalldatetime. The data we are using is highly dependent on dates.....is there any way around this?

Cheers

Even with this you should be able to create the object manually for nchar or nvarchar and it should recognize datetime or smalldatetime. Did you try creating an object and setting the datatype to Date???

Sri

Yeah, tried that. The fact still remains however that fields brought from SQL Server with type datetime or small datetime are not recognised. Surely it would be defeating the object of using such a tool if I were to create the fields from scratch in BO?

Cheers

Even though it won't create them when you drag a table over, can you drag the columns over 1 at a time?

Steve Krandel
Knightsbridge Solutions
formerly BASE Consulting Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back