Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a new Private Information Store. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thebadge

IS-IT--Management
Feb 25, 2003
GB
After a serious crash last week, our exchange private information store is reporting inconsistencies in the database. I do not want to do a repair of the system as the last time this was attempted, we lost the attachments table.

I have checked a number of mailboxes and all attachments and messages are currently intact, so I am looking to run the EXMERGE utility to export all the mailboxes to PSTs and then recreate the database.

In the tech notes on EXMERGE it says about creating a new priv.edb, but does not explain how to do it. Can anyone help?

To create a fresh PRIV.EDB:

Stop the Information Store service if it is running.
Delete all the information in the MDBDATA directory except for the PUB.EDB (assuming you want to keep your public data) and then restart the Information Store service. The PRIV.EDB file will be recreated with no mail in it, although individual (empty) mailboxes will be created within it as users log on.

You should now be able to pull all the .PST info back into the Information store.

Hope this helped,

ShackDaddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back