Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a Menu to Record Messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmikeinga

IS-IT--Management
Sep 28, 2004
With Manager v6.1 the option to record a greeting from an extension has been removed. The only option listed is record from pc multimedia.

With this being the case, I guess I have to create short codes to record our greetings that change periodically. For example, when we close for a holiday we will record a message and have it play letting our callers know. The problem is that I can't find the step by step instructions to do this via short codes.

Any help would be great. Also I will then want to access those shortcodes thru a menu system so that multiple recordings can be made from one call.

Thanks

Option not removed. I believe you must be talking about VM Pro client.

Chances are you are not logged into the voicemail. That is why it can;t use the phones cos your not connected to anything.

Although, everything you want is possible and I do it for customers all the time to make recordings easier.

Short Code>VM Module>Menu>Edit Play List.

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

Its likely a VMPro client being used offline.

I agree with the above as I've made that mistake before and I hadn't noticed it was offline.

ACS - IP Office Implement

It happens to us all apperently :)

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back