Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a Matrix 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pk400i

MIS
Feb 10, 2009
US
I would like to know how/where do you enter the fields for the matrix?

More specifically, I have to have 2 fields on the left side
one is the group category and this is then broken down by each type. For example, there is a group category called
"Meat and Fish" and then 2 rows one for Meat, one for Fish.
THere is also a field that is called in Crystal, A sum field. You can take a field, say costs field, and put it as a sum field on detail, you can surpress the showing of this detail, and then you have a group total that way.
I was wondering how this would be done in SRSS.

Across the top there is the name of the institution.

In your case, if I understand you correctly, here is what you need to do:

1. Drag a matrix onto your designer

2. Right-Click your "rows" textbox and choose "Insert Group." Choose the field you wish to group on. Change the expression itself in your new textbox to =Fields!YourGroupingField.Value

3. Right click on your outer row textbox and choose "Edit Group." Make sure your other row grouping field is selected in the expression grid. Make sure it also appears in the expression of the textbox itself, as you did in step 2.

4. Repeat step 3. for the "Columns" textbox in your matrix, grouping on your third grouping field.

5. In your "Data" section of your matrix, add the following expression: =SUM(Fields!YourSumField.Value)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back