Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a mailing List

Status
Not open for further replies.

daph

Programmer
Jun 9, 2000
CA
Hi,

I have to create a mailing list and I have no idea where to start since I've never done this before. I've been trying to figure out the most efficient and relyable way of doing this. I have no idea how many people will be in that mailing list - could be 10 or 1000. This list will also be very dynamic (I can give a better explaination if needed). The messages sent will be automated.

We were thinking of using Sendmail. We are on Unix and JSP. Could anyone give me a hint to where to begin, where I could go for good references? Do I need some program to help me do this? Or would it be easy enough to just write a script? If I can only get a few good ideas and know where to do some research on this, I'd know where to start. Examples would help too. I'll take anything right now! :)

Thanks a lot guys,

Daph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back