Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a link 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

winnieisme

Technical User
Aug 14, 2003
US
I could really use someones help. I have a database that we use to conduct a site wide survey. My problem is I need to create a link or something that I can send out via e-mail to everyone. What I need it to do is when someone clicks on the link and enter the information required it will update the main database. I was told to put it on our home page, but it it only update that page. Last year the bottom of the database on the e-mail says"Survey97.lnk. Hoe do I get this link? I would really appreciate any help that I could get ASAP. Thank you.

Desperate

Hello

A .LNK file is the extension used by a shortcut. I think what happenned last year was that the shortcut was created then attached to an email, so the people could double click it to run the database.
The same technique would work again this year. Remember though that the file must be in the same place for each person the email is sent to in order to work.

To create a shortcut, click the right mouse button on the file, choose "Create shortcut" from the popup menu and move the resulting link to its appropriate location. You can then post this on the website or attach it to an email as needed.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back