Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a Hyperlink from a PDF file 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodDwayne

Programmer
Aug 10, 2012
US
I have created PDF file and I am trying to create a hyperlink so that I can add it to the company's website. How would I go about doing that?

GoodDwayne said:
Creating a Hyperlink from a PDF file
The easiest way is with Acrobat.

But I suspect you have uploaded the PDF to your company website and want others to be able to access it, in which cases it's something like [ignore]"www.yourcompany.com/foldername/yourpdf.pdf"[/ignore]

Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

@GoodDwayne,

If you were to search for Adobe in Find A Forum you would see a list of possible forums as long as your arm.

This forum is designated to address Microsoft Office issues, and as such, would be a less than optimum site to have your question answered satisfactorily. Good luck!

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Hmm... actually, you're saying you want to put your PDF file on your website? Well, that will depend upon what is/was used to build your site. If you're using SharePoint, I suppose this might be a forum for discussing. If it's built in some other way, you may need to go to a different forum.

So, GoodDwayne, please clarify: Do you mean you want to put the PDF on a website, so folks can download/open it from there?

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

Yes, I want to be able to create a hyperlink of a PDF file and put it on our NOC website so that it can be viewed by upper mgmt.

Alright... WHAT is your website? I mean, how is it built? Is it an INTRANET type deal where only company folks see it, or is it an EXTRANET - where folks outside the company see it? Do folks at work refer to it as a SharePoint site, or just a website, or what?

Do you even know if you have appropriate permissions to upload files/documents to your company's website??

You've not provided much information at all. If you expect to get some real help out of this, you're gonna have to be clear about what you're trying to do AND provide some kind of detail.

You cannot just say, "I would like to get from my house to the store down the street" while roaming the yellow-pages, for instance. You have to specify HOW you want to get there... bus, cab, neighbor, bicycle, what? [smile]

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

The NOC website is an Intranet type deal where only company folks see it. We dont have SharePopint to add files with a hyperlink. I want to either create a hyperlink from a PDF file and add it to the intranet website. I hope that explains it further.

Well, it narrows down the list from say 1,000 to 999 possibilities of ways your site is built, but no it doesn't help much.

I think you need to be asking this question internally. If you have no idea where to start, talk to your manager or else someone in IT. If you ask enough folks, it shouldn't take long to figure out how to work with it.

If it's mostly centralized, then I'm sure they'd rather you just give the file to the web admin, and have him/her add it for you anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back