Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a Group where the members do not appear to other recipients

Status
Not open for further replies.

GettinBye

MIS
Oct 3, 2003
US
How do you create a "group" where you can send to recipients and they cannot see other recipients addresses listed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You do not create a group for that, you put the recipient's names in the BCC (Blind Carbon Copy) field.

Pascal.

That was my low tech solution as well, but in Lotus Notes you see that the message came across to you [as a recipient] in BBC mode. When someone sends a message in blind copy mode, one might assume that the message wasn't directly addressed or intended to them?

Perhaps the big companies generate a single e-mail message for every single address or customer intended? We are a medium to large medical company that has to conform to the HIPAA laws. So privacy is critical.

Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

If there is no recipient named in the Send To or even the Copy To, I do not see why someone should assume that they were not intended to recieve it when their name figures in BCC.

As for big companies, I agree with you, they most probably create a mail for each recipient. You can rather easily program an agent to do that for you too.

Pascal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back