Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a Form / Mailling label webpage

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjcusick

Programmer
Dec 26, 2006
US
Does anyone know a way to take a form and when the person submits the form have the website take the information and put it into a mailing label format or pdf format??

A lot of people that are in my group don't know how to use MS Word to do mailing labels. And some of them don't even have Word. So what i was attempting to find out is if there is a way to do the mailling labels that feed off a web form into a webpage or pdf file that they could just then print.

Any idea or suggestions?

Thanks in advance..

Tom C

You could certainly use a server-side language (e.g. PHP) to generate a PDF based on the information submitted via the HTML form. I've used FPDF ( to dynamically create PDFs using PHP as the server-side language.

Clive
Runner_1Revised.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer." (Paul Ehrlich)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To get the best answers from this forum see: faq102-5096

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back