Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a form and displaying its values 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWmiller

MIS
Jul 23, 2001
US
Here's my situation:

My website is hosted by an ISP and I need to be able to create a form that contains several fields that require values to be inputted from other users. Once the users input the values and submit them, the values need to be displayed in an table-like format. For example, if the fields have Name, Address, Phone, etc., I need those values to be displayed in a list preferably on the same page.

Also, the users will need to be able to go back and change those values occasionally after they are submitted to the table. Would this be possible for me to do without any experience in ASP?

Any assistance or advice will be much appreciated as there is a strict deadline on this.

Thank you.

[tt]

First the logic:

1. Page 1, Contains a form without insert statement(s) that submits to another page to display your form values

2. Page 2, Contains a table with all fields in your form populating the description fiels with the values sent from the form with <%=request.form(&quot;fields&quot;)%>.
Then, on this form you would include your insert statements to the database.

Here's a running sample without insert statements:

[sup]I haven't lost my mind, it's backedup on CD somewhere[/sup]
[sup]
rockband.gif
banana.gif

ASP Questions? go to: [/sup]​

There are FAQs on this subject available from the link above your first post that could prove useful.

Heres a link to a tutorial I am working on for form submission:
Note: this site is not live yet and I only have approx. 3 1/2 of the resources up so far, but it is pretty in depth as far as how to create your form, submit to the next page, and read back form values.

Also there are tutorials at onpnt's site that cover this:

Hope these helped,
-Tarwn ________________________________________________________________________________
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at faq333-2924

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back