Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

creating a footer

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwilime

Technical User
Mar 6, 2001
US
how do I create a footer to print out "Prepared by: Me" on the last page of the report? This is what i have so far.

01 FOOTER-LINE.
05 FILLER PIC X(41) VALUE SPACES.
05 FILLER PIC X(25)
VALUE 'PREPARED BY: ME'.

Kiwilime,

what kind of coding is used to make the report? Getting a footer on it is not so much a question of what you print (the definition you showed will do fine), but how you do it that makes it a footer.

Regards,
Ronald.

And of course when you do it. BigMag, The Netherlands.
someone@euronet.nl (no kidding!)

Hi,

In a traditional mainframe COBOL environment, you can have a definition with a CCC character in the first (extra) byte of your record.

Then you write:

MOVE 'C' TO CCC.
WRITE FOOTER-LINE AFTER POSITIONING CCC.

If you count the lines on each page you write and if you know how many lines fit on one page, you just write your last line after XX lines, where XX is the last line of your page minus the curent line + 1.

Regards,

Crox

... if your printer supports control characters. In fact, if you actually want to use control characters. But if you do, that's a good suggestion.

Regards,
Ronald.

thanks for the info. I counted the number of lines and had a page overflow check and printed the footer on the last page.

I am just trying to learn Cobol programming and I have a question. I created a "customer report list" that should display a list of items. It worked fine, then I added my headers & footers and now I can't get the data (list of items) to display anymore. Any tips or hints as to what may be causing this....I didn't change anything except add the header & footer & detail lines.

Thanks for any help you can give!!

Hi Armz,

Did you see the movie where Cuba Gooding Jr. says:
"Show me the money!" ?

Here we say:

"Show me the code!". It makes things a lot easier.

Thanx, Jack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back