Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a filter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

vidamj

IS-IT--Management
Apr 27, 2005
US
Ok heres my problem. I need to create a filter between custom fields say the window looks like this
Resource Name Resource Bonus Task Bonus
Resource's name Yes no
task no no
task no no
task no yes
task no no
I need to create a filter that will only show the tasks that are bonusable under the specific bonusable resource name. The problem is when I create a filter since the resource bonus field next to the task is NO nothing is shown on screen because the filter gets rid of everything. I need something that will find the YES next to the Resource's name and then find the YES in the task bonus field. So for example in this case the Resource's name would still be there and the only task that should be shown is the one with the YES. any suggestions would be much appreciated

This cannot be done simply by using filters.

The issue is: on any of the Task views, you can only see a limited number of Resource fields; on the Resource views, you can only see a limited number of the Task fields. In particular: in a task view, you can see the task.text1-text30 fields but you cannot see the resource.text1-text30 fields. (And vice versa.)

Look at the thread titled "copy custom field info from task usage to resource usage view"

This thread discusses copying a number field from a Resource to a Task and mentions a couple of the issues. Although it refers to a number field, substituting a text field is a trivial modification.

I'm pressed for time and cannot write the vba for you. Maybe over the weekend.

I figured out how to do this. I had to create another field and just hide it so that the filter would work properly. I guess i kind of tricked it into working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back