Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a Database....Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jguesman14

Technical User
May 12, 2014
US
I haven’t worked with Access for about 5 or more years so I have lost everything! I would like to create a very simple database but I am struggling. Basically I need the database to be able to print some monthly logs. Let me give some more details.

I have four employees that I assign cases to. I would like to be able to enter the cases and assign the employees. Every month I would like to print a “visit log” for each employee. This visit log would contain a family name, a client first name and a client last name. I would like to be able to pick an employee and it groups just their clients on one sheet.

For example....I pick employee “Jane Doe” and the report runs to show:

Employee: Jane Doe

Family Name, Member 1 Last name, member 1 1st name
Member 2 Last name, member 2 1st name

Family Name, Member 1 Last name, member 1 1st name
Member 2 Last name, member 2 1st name

I have created a table with the basic information however I cannot recall how to be able to run the report for the single employee that I have chosen. The report prints the clients grouped by the employees however it prints ALL four employees.

I know this is a VERY simple database but I am just having issues remembering how to do anything!

I would start with a form and add a command button that opens your report. Then modify the code that opens the report to include a WHERE CONDITION. Google "openreport where condition example" and come back here if you need clarification.

Duane
Minnesota
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP 2001-2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back