Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a Data Browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnderek

Technical User
Jan 27, 2003
US
I'm trying to create a data browser from which i can select a product name from a drop down box. I am creating a data sheet with two very simple fields, 'Product Name' & 'Price'.
For the life of me I cannot figure out how get the Product field and the Price field information to relay to a data browser. When I select the cells for the input range and then select a cell link, all of the Product Names are in the drop down box, but when I click on a name the value placed in the designated 'cell link' is 1,2,3,4,5. All I want is to be able to select a product name from the drop down box and have it give me the actual name and the price of the product and then create a formula for the quantity and total. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help

Use the INDEX function to turn the 1,2,3,4,5 back into the actual item list value ie. =INDEX(cell_range,1,cell_link) will return the selected item entry.

john,

I developed an example application that appears very similar to what you've described.

If you or anyone else would like the file, email me and I'll send the file via return email.

Hope this helps. After reviewing the file, please advise as to how it fits.

Regards, ...Dale Watson dwatson@bsi.gov.mb.ca

I suggest using the visual basic toolbar for the drop down list instead of the forms toolbar. It will display the names rather than the numbers.

Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back