Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CREATING a CR Merge Module

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrLf

Programmer
Jul 20, 2004
US
Adding the necessary CR Merge modules inflated my VB6 Wise for Windows installation by 20 meg or so, so I decided to try and 'roll my own' CR Merge Module with JUST the files I needed. Then I would simply include MY merge module with my Wise VB installation.

Could NOT get it to work. After creating my own Merge Module (using Wise), and adding it to my normal Wise installation as a Merge Module, when installing, I always got an "Internal Error 2075. Directory" error.

Then I decided to try adding the SAME EXACT files to my installation program in Wise.

Worked like a champ.

Anybody know WHY it doesn't work when I try it using my own Merge Module? This would save a BUNCH of time with future VB/Wise4Windows5.21 installations, in that I could drop my own, tiny Merge Module in with JUST the files...

many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back