Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a Class Module in Global Template ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

gleegeld

Programmer
Sep 5, 2002
US
Hello,

Here is my problem. I have a 3 templates, a letterhead, memo and fax template. Users are asked to enter their initials on a userform and based upon what they enter, all of their information is then placed in the appropriate places on either the letterhead, fax or memo document. Previously I had a module located in each of the 3 templates as follows (the ex: for the letterhead).

Option Explicit

Public AttLName ' last name
Public AttFName ' first name
Public AttMI ' middle initial

Public Sub Attorneys()

Dim Master

Master = UCase(FrmLetterhead.txtInitials.Text)

Select Case master

Case Is = "JOD"
AttLName = "Doe"
AttFName = "John"
AttMI = "O."

Case Is = "JAD"
AttLName = "Doe"
AttFName = "Jane"
AttMI = "A."

This would then make the initials textbox on the Userform for the Letterhead template equal to the appropriate full name etc. What I want to do now is use the information contained in the module and make it class module in a global template available for use in all three templates. The problem is how do I now set Master equal to the textbox Initials that is store in a separate template? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Gleegeld

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back