Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

creating a backup. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocker40

IS-IT--Management
Apr 5, 2004
US
In windows 2000 I had to create a image using a third party tool to get all the info on my server but in win2003 I notice there is a option to backup {all info on this computer} Would this be the same as creating a image of disk? Would this include system state plus all my exchange info?
Thanks
Dave

a backup is not an image, never.
Image tools may be used as backup, but they are entirely different things.
So, no.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

How Do I Get Great Answers To my Tek-Tips Questions? See faq222-2244

So this would just be backing up system state or would be backing up folders also?
Also does system state include my exchange ? Or do I need to back this up seperatly?

It is simple, if you want to backup specifics, folders, exchange, etc. you nee a full blown backup application.
The build in one you refer to will save settings, system state, but NOT user files.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

How Do I Get Great Answers To my Tek-Tips Questions? See faq222-2244

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back