Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating 3D Banner need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

airplaneparts

Technical User
Jun 28, 2005
US
I am new to this site. But i have a quick question. I am using an old website as an example, to set it up again. I had it designed for me by someone else, and now I would like to have the photoshop file to make changes for my new site.

I have most of it alike, i'm just having trouble with the top banner. If you have any ideas i would be thankful. I have them posted online. Link is

I'm trying to get the racecar banner across the top middle. I need it to say navion. If anyone can help.

That's 3D? Try the spherize filter.

- - picklefish - -
Why is everyone in this forum responding to me as picklefish?

I agree with Picklefish, that does look like spherize by the way the pixels break up a little.

On a new layer, draw a rectangle across the top in the same grey, almost like a titlebar, then type your "racecar" text. Link the text layer to you title bar, combine linked (top right hand arrow in the layers window) Then use spherize in effects/distort.

I would hazzard a guess, that that was how your previous designer had got the oval design in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back