Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CreateUserWizard validation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackrabbit

IS-IT--Management
Aug 22, 2002
US
I'm new to this asp.net control and decided to try and use it for creating new user accounts for a site. Its seems like a pretty cool control and I read some articles on customizing it and have customized it a little bit.

My issue is this:

The user goes to the site and when the page loads originally this control and most other controls have thier visible property set to false so they are all hidden. The user can then press an image button that sets the visible property of the CreateUserWizard to true, and this works great. The problem is if the user presses any other button the CreateUserWizard tries to validate the text boxes in the control instead of doing what the buttons actually are supposed to do. I even created a button that is supposed to run a sub that sets the CreateUserWizard visible property to false and that doesn't work either. If I press that button the CreateUserWizard just keeps trying to validate its text boxes.

Its like its trying to validate on a postback or something. I'm new to using this control so maybe I'm not doing something right. Is there some sort of postback property on the CreateUserWizard control that i need to set to keep it from trying to validate unless I press the create user button?

I think I solved it. It looks like the example I used to setup my custom createuserwizard control was using the requiredfieldvalidator things and it seems that they were cauing it. It seems to be working now, I guess I'll have to do my validation with my own code, not a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back