Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

createTopicSession: eGate JMS API problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

chakrabala

Programmer
Dec 4, 2003
DE
Hi,
I am trying to implement a publish/subscribe (topic) model with the help of JMS API's and JMS IQ manager. For both publisher and subscriber, I am having problems during session creation viz..
TopicConnection.createTopicSession(....);
I tried putting this in a seperate try-catch and validating if the topicsession object is null etc. I even tried catching the generic exception "Exception" but nothing happens. Surprisingly, the control directly goes to the "finally" block which I have in the end and here there is a null pointer exception (Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException) in the statement " topicSession.commit();". I understand that the session variable has not been initialized and an exception has occured during initialisation.

But I wonder why this exception is not being caught in the catch block. Can some eGate JMS expert help me debug this problem??

Thanks in advance.
Balaji

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back