Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

createquerydef, append query. query name isn't recognised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enlin

Technical User
Jan 2, 2003
GB
Hi,

I'm trying to create 3 temporary queries, using createquerydef, the third of which uses the first 2 queries for it's source. That seems to work without a problem, but i want to append the results to a table.

When i try to create a further temp querydef to do this, access tells me the query name i'm trying to append (the third query i mentioned above) doesn't exist (i'm using a97 if it makes a difference).

I don't know if this is at all possible. I could also manage if i could just display the third query, but i don't know how to do this either, without making it permenant.

If none of this makes sense, i can paste the code, but i'll have to wait til i'm at work, not using a PC at home.

thanks

Name the first two queries. That will save them and you can refer to them in the third query.
If you don't want them hanging around, delete them after the routine runs.

Or implement them as sub-queeries.

MichaelRed
m.red@att.net

Searching for employment in all the wrong places

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back