Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CreateObject("CDO.Message") Do not keep a copy in sent items

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blorf

Programmer
Dec 30, 2003
US
Hello. I'm using CDO.Message to distribute auto reports. My email sent folder over time becomes too large and I have to go in and delete old messages. I was wondering if there is a .item that instructs the e-mail server not to store a copy of the e-mail being sent.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

ChaZ

There Are 10 Types Of People In The world:
Those That Understand BINARY And Those That DonÆt.

Just for clarity: whicvh version of CDO, what it talking to, and what is your email server?

if CDOSYS (i.e. CDO For Windows 2000) then it only really speaks SMTP, and SMTP doesn't have any way of handling sent item folders on the email server

Hi. I don't have to set any references, so I believe it's CDO for Windows 2000. Server is Gmail.

Thank you.

Ok, so yes, you are talking via SMTP. And so, unfortunately, there is no way to telll gmail to not store a copy of the e-mail being sent

Thanks for the help anyway. I'm not married to the code I'm using, so if there is an alternative that supports this, I would certainly try it. If you have a suggestion I would appreciate it, I will give google a try also.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back