Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CreateObject and Isolation - Adobe Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

lameid

Programmer
Jan 31, 2001
US
I am missing something somewhere but it seems if I use Adobe Pro and do anything with it while automation code is running, it may interfere with the running code and produce undesirable results.

I am using CreateObject so my expectation is that I have a new instance per the help topic. I am therefore thinking Windows must be hooking into this instance when files are opened via the windows UI.

Code:
Set AcroApp = CreateObject("AcroExch.App")

I am struggling to find information on instancing and isolating the instance in VBA.

Ultimately in addition to using the Adobe application, I would like to be confident that I can have multiple instances of Access automating multiple instances of Adobe. Obviously I would only do this for n-1 cores as the need arises.

Solutions would be awesome but I suspect I may only be able to hope for understanding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back