Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

created Secondary Site Server now Primary Admin Console won't connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

samdel

MIS
Jan 16, 2003
US
I installed a secondary SMS server and Admin console. Now my I can't connect to the Admin Console on either my primary server or the secondary. My database is remote (SQL 2000).

Any suggestions????

Do you get a "connection failed" message or something else?

Try running wbemtest and connect to:
\\{server}\root\sms\{sitecode}

If you can't connect then there is likely a permission issue. If you can, then there may be something stopping admin console communication, such as Black Ice on your device or going through IPSec or some VPN that blocks communication.

Snyderj,

Thanks for the response. I ended up having to uninstall the Secondary site server and the RESET the primary site server. That seemed to clean things up and allowed me to connect to my remote SQL DB. Lastly I reinstalled the secondary site server from the Admin console of the primary server, it took awhile, but finally came up and now it all seems to work.

Before I had tried to install the admin console on the secondary site server box, and somehow that created a lot of issues, and then neither that console of the console on the primary server would connect to the DB. Strange!

Thanks for your comments though.

brother ,
i have tried wbemtest.exe but it give me invalid name space

i will try to fix it andwaiting for ur reply

thanks in advanced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back