Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Created page in FrontPage and works well with IE but not Netscape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 4, 2000
US
Does anyone know any sites that helps with the HTML or programming that adds the functions to Netscape when creating a page.

Thanks for your time..

T [sig][/sig]

I would say that FrontPage, being a Microsoft application, is probably the *worst* tool from which to expect compatibility with Netscape. Microsoft has a history of making their tools support their software only.

I recommend heartily that you avoid FrontPage like the plague, and learn to use Macromedia Dreamweaver, which gives all kinds of options for browser compatibility.

If you are interested in actually learning the differences between how the browsers handle things, spend some time at the following sites:

(see the HTML and DHTML areas)

(see the documentation areas for Javascript and HTML)

(he is an expert at cross-browser DHTML)

[sig][/sig]

Well, I like FrontPage and have been using it several years. There is an option that you can tell FrontPage which browsers (IE and/or Netscape, etc.) to accommodate. Unfortunately, Im at work and cant remmeber exactly where that is. Try looking under help. [sig][/sig]

FP Express does not have that option, just the big $$$ versions.
Most stuff in FPX will work in NS, but it also depends on which version of NS you have. [sig]<p>Jim<br><a href=mailto:reboot@pcmech.com>reboot@pcmech.com</a><br><a href= & Sue's Free Files</a><br>Current moderator at Staff contributor/moderator at Windows 9x/ME instructor.<br>
Jim's Modems: [/sig]

I was speaking of FrontPage 2000.

Why half-step using Express? [sig][/sig]

FPX is free, and doesn't write half the &quot;bad&quot; code that FP2000 does. It's much more compatible with NS, and is usually far more complicated than most users want anyhow.
Use Notepad, learn HTML, and you'll get pages that work in any browser. All WYSIWYG editors screw with the code too much.
If all you want is a &quot;here's my webpage&quot; with a pic of your dog, any one will do (even NS Composer), but beyond that, you're better off writing it by hand. [sig]<p>Jim<br><a href=mailto:reboot@pcmech.com>reboot@pcmech.com</a><br><a href= & Sue's Free Files</a><br>Current moderator at Staff contributor/moderator at Windows 9x/ME instructor.<br>
Jim's Modems: [/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back