Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Created new v8.0.5 database on SGI box...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonBrown

Technical User
Mar 31, 2000
US
Today, I created a small database on a Silicon Graphics system using Oracle 8.0.5, but when I run SQLPlus and login I get the following error:

Error accessing package DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO
ERROR:
ORA-06554: package DBMS_STANDARD must be created before using PL/SQL

This is the first time I've ever created a database on this platform and version. Before this I regularly used Oracle 7.3.3 for Windows NT, but never had this problem.

Would someone please tell me commands needed to create the missing package or packages, and when would I normally run these commands, i.e., after create db, after catalog.sql, after pupbld.sql, or when and by which account?

Thank you.

There are a number of scripts that need to be run after database creation. I think that dbms_standard is created by catproc.sql, which you can find in your {Oracle_home}\rdbms80\admin directory. Did you run this script? If so check the output log for errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back