Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

created Find cmdbtn not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

lin

IS-IT--Management
Aug 27, 2000
US
I have added two command buttons on my form. The first button searches for a persons last name and the 2nd button searches for the SS# and displays the appropriate record on the form. The problem is that sometimes this works and other times it doesn't. I have checked the underlying table and the records exist as typed. I've used the find feature from the toolbar and get the same results. Any suggestions?

Lin, I'll bet that you'll find that if you place the cursor in the field (column) that you wish to searh against, before executing the search; that it works. If you place the cursor in some other column, it doesnt.

Just a guess, but I've been through this myself. The answer is to programmically move the cursor to the appropriate column prior to executing the search.

Let me know.

Amiel
amielzz@netscape.net

THe code would be field.setfocus where "field" is the name of the field you want to search on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back