Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create worksheet in Excel from Access 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevenueSwede

Programmer
Mar 20, 2007
SE
Hi!

I have a working function that produces a graph on one worksheet and the data is placed on another worksheet. Now I want to add a third worksheet. I'm confused by the syntax..

I have a workbookobject called xlWrkbk and I have put a Dim xlWks as Excel.Worksheet on the top

Set xlWks = xlWrkbk.Sheets.Add( it wants before, after as parameters. What are the parameters, I want it as number three.

I think you need to create the worksheet, then give it a name, then obtain your object reference to that sheet.

hope this helps,

Alex

Ignorance of certain subjects is a great part of wisdom

Now I want to add a third worksheet
If xlWrkbk.Sheets.Count = 2 Then
Set xlWks = xlWrkbk.Sheets.Add(, xlWrkbk.Sheets(2))
End If

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Yes that what I'm after. Copy and pasted part of the vba code produced by Excel macro and it worked as well.

Set xlWks = xlWrkbk.Worksheets.Add(Before:=Sheets(2))
xlWks.Name = "Data"
xlWks.Range("A1").Select
xlApp.ActiveCell = "testing"
xlApp.Sheets(1).Activate

Tomorrow is demo day of my app then on Wednesday, Austria here I come (skiing), then on Monday it's skiing in Sweden for a week :)

To avoid ghost excel.exe in your task manager, replace this:
Before:=Sheets(2)
with this:
Before:=xlWrkbk.Sheets(2)

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Thanks for the help, yep I noticed excel.exe stayed in task manager.

So does this ghost excel.exe as well?

xls.Range(startCell, endCell).Select
With Selection.Interior
.ColorIndex = GetColor(rsPeriod!Category)
End With

With Selection.Borders(xlEdgeLeft)
.LineStyle = xlContinuous
.Weight = xlThin
.ColorIndex = xlAutomatic
End With

Sure, replace this:
With Selection
with something like this:
With yourXLappObject.Selection

Hope This Helps, PH.

Wow! Thanks it works great now, you saved my day. Noticed that this seems to be a common problem when programming against Excel. The confusing part is that intellisense is lost for some properties which makes you think it's not going to work.

Bottom line, when you automate an application, always use full qualified objects ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back